February 22, 2011
You Know You're a Michigander When . . .
If your town has an equal number of bars and churches, you might live in Michigan .
If you have had a lengthy telephone conversation with someone who dialed a wrong number, you might live in Michigan .
5. You can drive 65 mph through 2 feet of snow during a raging blizzard wthout flinching.
6. You see people wearing camouflage at social events (including weddings).
7. You install security lights on your house and garage and leave both unlocked.
8. You carry jumper cables in your car and your girlfriend knows how to use them.
9. You design your kid's Halloween costume to fit over a snowsuit.
10. Driving is better in the winter because the potholes are filled with snow.
11. You know all 4 seasons: almost winter, winter, still winter and road construction.
12. You can identify a southern or eastern accent.
13. Your idea of creative landscaping is a statue of a deer next to your blue spruce.
14. You were unaware that there is a legal drinking age.
15. Down South to you means Ohio .
16. A brat is something you eat.
17. Your neighbor throws a party to celebrate his new pole barn .
18. You go out to fish fry every Friday.
19. Your 4th of July picnic was moved indoors due to frost.
20. You have more miles on your snowblower than your car.
21. You find 0 degrees "a little chilly".
22. You drink pop and bake with soda.
23. Your doctor tells you to drink Vernors and you know it's not medicine.
24. You can actually drink Vernors without coughing.
25. You know what a Yooper is.
26. You think owning a Honda is Un-American.
27. You know that UP is a place, not a direction.
28. You know it's possible to live in a thumb.