April 15, 2014

Sunflower Field

This post is completely inspired by a weekend with weather in the 70s, only to wake up to a blanket of snow 2 days later. Oh Michigan I certainly love you, but please bring on the warm weather, I am so ready for blooming flowers and unexpected sunflower fields.

Anyways, do you want to know something that was on my bucket list? It was so see a sunflower field in person. And then we saw this one and I almost cried tears of joy.  As we were driving along having a small argument over who forgot some very necessary items on our backpacking packing list (for the record, it was my fault, but I would never admit that at the time) we spotted this field and my whole little world stopped.  This is exactly what we did: stop, turn the car around, park, take in the beauty, photograph the beauty, take in the beauty for a bit longer, continue on our way, forget that small argument ever happened.


I don't even remember where the sunflower field even was.  Somewhere between Lake Michigan Recreation Area and Detroit, but lesson learned- if you see a Michigan sunflower field stop right there and take a few moments to enjoy it.  Fingers crossed we will be spotting summertime flowers before we know it ;)

No comments: