August 25, 2011

Fall is in the Air

I had an awakening yesterday when I stepped outside- it feels like fall.  The sun is still out and shinning bright, but that crispness is in the air and there is just no way to deny it.  At first I felt terribly saddened by the slow departure of summer, but then I thought of pumpkin patches, cider mills, and the fall colors and got a twinge of excitement.

The changing of seasons is just another reason to love Michigan.  Its constant motion allows us to change our routine and take ourselves on new adventures.  As the summer comes to a close we are personally taking every advantage to stop at every roadside farmer selling fresh fruits and vegetables and enjoy all the work they did this summer.  And let me tell you, we have been feasting on some delicious homegrown meals.  Make sure you do the same- I know you won't regret it!




No comments: