1. Go to a baseball game. Even if you aren't a sports fanatic the atmosphere is amazing and very little can be compared to a night or an afternoon at the ballpark. Check out the Tigers, Great Lakes Loons, Whitecaps, and Lugnuts.
2. Go to the beach, any beach. Take in the sun and the water and the end of summer heat. There is no better way to spend the last lazy days of summer than lounging on the sand.
3. Enjoy Michigan art. It can be street art like the graffiti along the Dequindre Cut or handmade crafts such as those found at outdoor summer festivals like Milford Memories and Arts, Beats, and Eats.
4. Explore. Pull off the freeway at a random exit and see what there is to see. Or, find some place special in your hometown and plan a staycation. Just spend a day taking in something new and exciting.
5. Support Detroit. Make an effort to explore the hidden gems of this fabulous city and encourage others to do the same.